Fellow members and friends,
For many, it feels like Christmas Eve, for some of us we have to wait a few more weeks. Whichever group you are in, I hope you have now found your clubs and are cleaning furiously in anticipation of a good game of golf again. The forecast is also good for the coming week, wear sunscreen.
Your game of golf has a four-stop strategy - Arrive at the car park, present at pro-shop, enjoy the course, then safely home. To give you a sense of what to expect and what you need to do, here are some do’s and don’ts
There is no flexibility here, these rules - for the benefit of all - must be followed both to the letter and the spirit.
- Do arrive 15 minutes before your tee time.
- Do park one full space apart.
- Do visit the pro-shop to let them know you are there, this is essential for contact tracing.
- Do proceed to the first tee when it is clear, no sooner.
- Do follow the advice of any marshals you will meet.
- Do not come to the club if you feel unwell.
- Do not expect to practice - ALL practice facilities are closed and not available for use.
- Do not tee off before your BRS-booked time, even if the players ahead are long gone.
- Do not lose pace and do not call any groups through.
- Do not leave home if you do not have a BRS booking.
Please familiarise yourself with the protocols on the HSE site and Golfnet. Golfnet has added some FAQs and some clarifications from Sport Ireland as they relate to the Over 70s and travel restrictions - available on their front page.
We do expect there will be a lot of media attention on golf in the coming weeks. Your committee has formally signed off on the protocols on your behalf. We have made a commitment to both the GUI & ILGU that we will follow them completely.
Please act responsibly, be respectful to everyone you meet at the club, or on the way there. All are working hard to make sure you enjoy your game of golf.
We’re very grateful to Richard, Raymie and their teams who have worked hard to make Lisheen ready for your return.
Lady Captain Sheila and I wish you many hours of enjoyment in Lisheen and that you keep healthy and well.